Thursday, June 6, 2013

Caught My Eye 17 Yellow Sea Chains, Howth

Caught My Eye  is a series of blog posts showing scenes I found interesting, odd, curious or beautiful. I am not a photographer, so please do not expect top quality photography :-). But please enjoy a glimpse of the world through my eyes.
mooring chain at Howth
 This is an older photo from one of my many trips to Howth, a coastal town just North of Dublin, and one of my favourite places. The heavy iron chains painted illuminous yellow caught my eye that day...not that I will be using them as inspiration for any bright lemon jewellery mind you, though come to think of it, oversized chains are in vogue...


10 comments:

  1. Very eye caching. I don't know why but it made me think how they were painted. Would be fun is someone painted them with pain brush, probably just sprayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....he he, paint not pain brush! :)

      Delete
    2. LOL hope it wasnt a pain brush for the painter...

      Delete
  2. You are right Anne-Marie...very curious !! I have never seen before
    when I was there !Where is it ? is still there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if they are still there. I went to Howth this morning but was walking in the hills and the Rhododondron forest. Wow..never been that route before...Im just about to upload my photos and see if they came out ok.

      Delete
    2. I meant to add that they were along the pier leading to the lovely light house at the end. (photos for another day)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE IT :)

    Such a bright and cheery colour :)

    I went back thru all your photos they are awesome, I think you are a Photographer :)

    Have a lovely weekend, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind...only in my heart am I a photographer. I could do with lessons or I should at least read the camera manual.

      Delete
  4. mmm...that color makes me think about mist issues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well you wouldnt miss it in the mist for sure!

      Delete