Sunday, May 20, 2012

Christ Church Cathedral Craft Market. See You There!

If you are in Dublin city on the bank holiday Monday, 4th June 2012, please do drop into Christ Church Cathedral Craft Market and say hello. I'll be down in the very atmospheric, medieval crypt. Please come along and find Handmade by Amo'r sharing a stall with Heli of Heli's Creations.
Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin


I'm plenty busy with an almost full-time job, my Etsy store,  my wee   Fondelifair shop and a pretty full life so I generally don't do markets or fairs. But this one is a must for me as a lover of heritage and with a background in tourism. The venue is simply amazing.

Originally founded circa 1028, Christ Church Cathedral is a must-see for visitors to Dublin. The medieval crypt below the cathedral is one of the largest in Britain and Ireland. Built in the 12th century, it is the oldest surviving structure in the city. It is well worth a visit in itself, whether you are a tourist or a local. If you love handcrafts and art, browsing the craft stalls on the bank holiday Monday will be the icing on the cake - and you can have your cake in the cathedral cafe too! 
Blue Butterfly Fairy Bookmark
Though I will be bringing some of the jewellery, bookmarks and accessories from my Etsy store, I am busily making new gifts and home decor including Connemara marble hanging ornaments, pretty fairies and angels and 1 or 2 hanging mobiles for my stall.  I hope to share a glimpse before the fair. Please do pop back and check!


3 comments:

  1. I think it's going to be awesome! Unfortunately, I'll be in Italy during that weekend for it's holiday there too...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun, I'd love to go, especially as I've always wanted to look around the crypt (although I used to be afraid of them after my Mum told me her very own ghost story that happened to her in Worcester Cathedral)! But alas, I expect I'll be working that day knowing my luck...

    ReplyDelete